Notice: All boroughs in
Alaska are closed to accepting new providers for durable medical equipment
(DME) and freestanding laboratory. We review this semi-annually and will update
this page with changes as needed.
How to apply
Request an individual contract or join one of our contracted independent practice associations or medical groups and make sure you meet our credentialing criteria and standards.
Submit your credentialing application through OneHealthPort’s ProviderSource. If you're unable to submit through ProviderSource, use our hard-copy credentialing application. (The hard-copy application is the same for both Alaska and Washington providers.) Use our provider credentialing checklist to make sure you've submitted all necessary information.
After completing your credentialing application through ProviderSource, check the application box indicating that you’re applying for participation with Premera. Important: Make sure the attestation date on your provider application is within 150 days from when you submit your application.
For dental and facility providers
Dental provider application - Request to join our dental network
Organization/facility credentialing/recredentialing application - Request to join our provider network as a facility
All applicants must send a completion email
All applicants need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you’ve completed your credentialing application and remember to attach the following completed documents:
- SS-4 IRS confirmation letter (displaying Employer Identification Number or EIN)
- Behavioral health specialty addendum (behavioral health providers only)
- Department of Health license approval letter (behavioral health providers only)
You’ll receive a confirmation email from Premera that says we’ve received your request. If you don't receive a Premera-automated email response, please check and make sure you've entered the correct email address.
How to avoid delays
The top reasons for incomplete applications include:
- Incomplete address, suite number, or phone number
- Missing SS-4 (EIN) on new contracts
- Expired malpractice insurance
- Missing work history or education information
- Hospital privileges, if applicable
What happens next
The credentialing process typically takes 30-45 days and acceptance is based on your application information and network requirements. If your submitted application is accepted:
- New provider joining our network: You'll receive a contract to review and sign through DocuSign. Once you return your signed contract, you'll receive a counter-signed contract through DocuSign with your participation effective date.
- New provider joining an existing contracted group/clinic: You’ll receive a letter with your credentialed date, and you’ll be added under the group/clinic’s location(s) as a credentialed provider.
For all Premera plans, you can't see members until you're officially credentialed under contract. Also, your malpractice insurance must not expire before credentialing is complete.
Request a copy of your contract
If you need a copy of your contract, send us an email request and we’ll send it to you directly as an email attachment. Please note this email is only for requesting contract copies.
For new Premera providers
Visit our Learning Center to learn more about the digital tools and resources you'll have access to a a credentialed Premera provider.