Open enrollment runs from November 1 through January 15. Outside of these dates, your clients can enroll if they’ve experienced a qualifying life event.
3 facts about 2023 plans
- New: Premera is offering Standard plans in 2023. These are Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) available on HealthCare.gov that include simpler cost sharing structures that will allow consumers to understand their coverage more easily. Read the
full details from CMS.
- Off-exchange plans discontinued: Effective January 1, 2023, we’re discontinuing our off-exchange individual plans. Members on off-exchange plans must purchase an on-exchange plan for coverage in 2023.
- We're keeping on-exchange metallic plans consistent: same 19 boroughs, same plans (except one), same network.
In addition to 10 essential health benefits, your clients get these key features with a Premera plan:
- Preventive care is covered in full on all plans—exams, screenings, and vaccinations (including COVID-19 vaccinations).
- Generic drugs have a low copay and no deductible for non-HSA plans.
- Pediatric dental is included in all plans—and adult routine dental in all non-HSA plans.
- Medical transportation benefits are included in all plans.
- Doctor On Demand: Get virtual visits by phone or video with Doctor On Demand—for common medical conditions, chronic conditions, and some mental health support.
- Boulder Care: Receive virtual treatment for anxiety, depression, substance use, or other mental health conditions through Boulder Care—subject to the plan's standard cost shares.
More 2023 information