Find a participating pharmacy via our provider directoryor call the 24-hour Pharmacy Locator number on the back of your member ID card. You can also use our in-network prescription mail-order service.
If you take a long-term medication, you can receive your medicine by mail from the Express Scripts Home Delivery, an independent company responsible for providing our members with mail-order prescription service. This service lets you receive prescriptions up to the maximum supply* allowed by your health plan at a lower cost than what you would pay for the same amount at a retail pharmacy.
Receiving your prescription by mail is easy:
- It takes about two weeks to receive your prescription by mail. So ask your doctor to write two separate prescriptions indicating that refills are allowed:
- Download and complete a Express Scripts Home Delivery Mail-order Form If you are taking more than one medication, you should also download and complete Health, Allergy and Medication Questionnaire which is designed to help protect you against potentially harmful drug allergies, interactions and side effects.
- Send your prescription(s), Mail-Order Form, Health, Allergy and Medication Questionnaire, and payment for each prescription to the address on the order form. You will receive your prescriptions by mail in about two weeks, delivered in sealed, insulated (when necessary) and tamper-evident packaging.
- Refill prescriptions can then be ordered easily online through Express Scripts' MyPharmacyPlus ™ once you've set up your prescriptions. Or you can call Express Scripts at 800-391-9701. Have your member ID and prescription numbers ready. Mail order delivery can take up to two weeks, so be sure to have enough medication on hand.
* Your maximum supply is typically 90 days, but may vary according to your plan's prescription benefits. It may also be determined by state or federal regulations. Most plans limit specialty drugs to a 30-day supply at a retail copay or coinsurance, while some plans may not offer some drugs through mail order or include mail order benefits. Check your benefits booklet or contact Customer Service for details.
Express Scripts is an independent company providing online prescription and pharmacy services to Premera Blue Cross and Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alaska members.