The patient information available in the secure portion of Premera.com may include
dates of service, servicing provider, diagnosis or other details that comprise
Protected Personal Information (PPI). Because these services may relate to mental
health, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS, chemical dependency and/or
reproductive health, the information has heightened legal protection. To provide
you access to patient PPI in the secure area of Premera.com, we are relying on
your following representations that:
- You are a health care provider or it's Business Associate.
- Each time you access this site, you agree you are requesting
access to a patient's PPI for one of the following purposes:
- your treatment of that patient as defined under 45 CFR
164.501 and as allowed under 45 CFR 164.506(c)(2) or
- your payment activities related to that patient as defined
under 45 CFR 164.501 and as allowed under 45 CFR
- If you need access to PPI for your health care
operations as defined under 45 CFR 164.501 and as
allowed under 45 CFR 164.505(c)(4), please contact
Customer Service for assistance.
- You will comply with all applicable state and federal laws related to
the confidentiality and security of PPI, including laws relating to the use and
disclosure of such information.